follow Miss Tallulah's performance updates, inspiration and hooping tips

find her on facebook HERE watch her on YouTube HERE

for bookings and lessons email MissTallulahHula@hotmail.com

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Record Breaking Hooping

I have often thought, in times of boredom and procrastination, maybe I could attempt the world record for continuous revolutions of a hula hoop. Surely it would be doable...right?

WRONG!!!

The current World Record is nearly 75 hours! That's more than 3 days! This begs the question, how ever did the record holder go to the toilet? But on closer inspection of the rules, it is stated you are allowed rest breaks of 5 minutes per hour...giving you ample time to do your business.

I think my main hindrance would be 3 days of sleep deprivation. Without my regular 8 hours a night I'm an absolute zombie...but could I still hoop?

Perhaps for the 40 Hour Famine in August I'll attempt 40 hours of hula hooping, and then work my way up to the big 75. Would you sponsor me?

Check out some other hula hooping record breakers below, including largest spun hula hoop, running a 10 kilmetre marathon while continuously hooping, and hooping underwater (huh?).



No comments:

Post a Comment