follow Miss Tallulah's performance updates, inspiration and hooping tips

find her on facebook HERE watch her on YouTube HERE

for bookings and lessons email MissTallulahHula@hotmail.com

Friday, April 20, 2012

Hoop Hunting?

Looking for a place to buy hoops? I recommend two stores in Melbourne. The first is The Singing Whale in North Fitzroy, where I bought my first hula hoop and many of my childhood delights.  They are open 7 days a week and stock a variety of colours and sizes (I recommend the large) as well as weighted and non-weighted hoops.

The second is Juggle Art in Collingwood, a family business that has been manufacturing and distributing performing art products for decades.They are open Monday to Friday and stock a range of hooping gear, including aluminium hoops, circus hoops, dance and travel hoops, glohoops, hoop tape and hooping DVD's!

Another option is online at Coola Hoops or Etsy! Although postage is quite pricey.


When it comes to the question of weighted or non-weighted hoops, it really depends on what level you're at and what you want to get out of hooping. Personally, I prefer non-weighted for fluid hoop dance moves and multiple hoop tricks. But some beginners prefer weighted hoops for learning the basics, particularly hooping around the waist. Not to mention they'll give you abs/buns of steel!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Dear,


    I just came to your post and reading above thing it is very impressive me and it is very nice blog. Thanks a lot for sharing this.


    Best Regards,
    Diana Lopez
    Hula Hoops for Kids

    ReplyDelete